Abalone fishing permitted between 7:00am-8:00am on:
Saturday, 14 December 2019.
Saturday, 11 January 2020.
Saturday, 1 February 2020.
· Check conditions – before heading out including wind conditions and swells. Visit www.beachsafe.org.au for up to date reports.
· Observe first, fish later – identify the best place to safely enter the water and look for where the waves are consistently breaking to ensure you avoid this area when fishing.
· Wear polarised sunglasses to better identify the reef platforms and breaks before entering the water.
· Never fish alone – stay in a group and keep an eye out for your friends and other fishers.
· Wear appropriate clothing or wetsuits. Avoid heavy clothing, including tracksuits and work boots that become water logged and heavy.
· Don’t panic – if in trouble stay calm and raise one arm and wave from side to side to attract attention.
· Read the warnings and dangers on any safety signs, do not attempt to fish if you are unsure.