With the introduction of the new D420, SCUBAPRO engineers have combined the iconic design of the original D-Series second stages with the latest advances in breathing performance technology. They then teamed it with the new MK19 EVO balanced diaphragm first stage to create a 21st century smooth, natural breathing regulator. The new D420 features a brand new balanced valve inside a housing supported by a full metal structure. Called the Progressive Flow Control Valve, it is able to deliver abundant airflow for the best breathing performance with a natural smoothness comparable to what you might experience breathing on the surface. The uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing is ultra-durable and allows the LP hose to be connected on either the right or left side for maximum rigging flexibility. A new dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the casing with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out of the valve.
The highly efficient purge button is a technical jewel based on a new concept that gives the D420 its unique face. Teamed with the compact, lightweight MK19 EVO, with its environmentally sealed system, dry ambient pressure chamber plus user-friendly LP port swivel turret, this regulator system is uniquely well-suited to handling cold water and the harsh diving conditions often encountered by technical divers. This makes the MK19 EVO/D420 more tech-driven than the MK25 EVO/D420, while serving avid divers and SCUBAPRO brand enthusiasts everywhere.
• Designed to be the ultimate first stage for cold water or contam-inated diving conditions.
• New design makes it substantially smaller and lighter than theoriginal MK19.
• Air-balanced diaphragm delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
• Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism and is extremely resistant to
• New dry chamber is equipped with a double spring making it more compact and reliable.
• Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down, plus provide for an optimum hose/
• Swivel turret comes with four High-Flow LP ports plus one axial Super High-Flow LP port to maximize hose routing options for
technical diving layouts.
• Compact size, light weight and superb breathing performance continue in the best SCUBAPRO regulator tradition.
• Ideal first stage for recreational, technical, professional and military divers.
• Weight (oz/g): INT 232, 31.2/885; DIN 300, 23.5/665.
• Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: (l/min/SCFM): >6,900/244.
• Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 133-142/9.2-9.8.
D420 Second Stage
• Uniquely shaped fiberglass-reinforced nylon casing carries on the D-Series heritage with the latest advances in breathing
• Air-balanced Progressive Flow Control Valve is able to deliver abundant airflow with a natural smoothness comparable to
breathing on the surface.
• Dive/pre-dive system includes a switch on the top of the case with a thumb tab for adjusting the direction of airflow right out
of the valve.
• Casing design features inner winglets that direct airflow towards the exhaust valve, creating a dramatic improvement in exhalation effort.
• Diaphragm is located in the lower section of the casing to take advantage of the pressure gradient in the upright position, mak-
ing breathing even easier.
• Reversible hose attachment allows for either left- or right-side LP hose connections for maximum rigging flexibility.
• Large purge button is easy to reach and depress, with or without gloves.
• Exhaust tee is compact and efficiently deflects bubbles from the diver’s view while enhancing ease of exhalation.
• Super-flow hose features an oversized bore that allows more air to flow on each inhalation.
• Compact Hi-Flow mouthpiece improves airflow as well as mouth comfort, fitting all mouth sizes, from largest to smallest.
• CE certified according the latest EN250A European Standards for all diving conditions, including extreme cold water.
• Weight (without mouthpiece): 7.6oz/216g.
• Airflow at 2900psi/200bar: 1800 l/min - 64 SCFM.