THE PERFECT PAIRING FOR HARSH CONDITIONS
Built to deliver effortless airflow in the most frigid, murky waters, with this reg you can always be confident of your next breath.
Divers who giant-stride into cold or less-than-pristine water environments will surely appreciate this perfectly matched first and second stage pairing.
The MK17 is a high performance, balanced diaphragm first stage engineered specifically for cold water and harsh environments. Completely sealed off from the elements, neither water nor pollution can get inside the chrome-plated marine grade brass body to foul the inner mechanism. This total sealing system also allows for a dry ambient pressure chamber which works to prevent freezing, provides better protection and improves performance, assuring you of trouble-free operation no matter how cold or murky the water gets.
The MK17 is also user-friendly, offering two high pressure and four low pressure ports, two of which are high-flow (high-flow ports deliver about 15 percent more air than conventional low pressure ports). In addition, it comes with an external intermediate pressure adjustment that allows technicians to maintain peak performance between service intervals without having to break down the first stage.
The A700 second stage, with its metal casing, screw-down casing cover, metal valve housing and over-molded accents, exhibits a real muscularity in design. Its air-balanced valve technology and oversized exhaust valve work in conjunction with a well designed sectional exhaust tee, a first-rate purge and responsive user controls -- including a diver-adjustable micrometric inhalation effort knob -- to create a rugged, reliable breather with effortless inhalation and an ease of exhalation that is unmatched.
The MK17/A700 was built for demanding divers and demanding conditions. With every breath you can be guaranteed top-of-the-line performance, no matter what kind of water you're jumping into.
MK17 First Stage:
- Air balanced diaphragm design delivers constant and effortless airflow unaffected by depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- Environmentally sealed system prevents water and pollutants from fouling the inner mechanism.
- Dry ambient pressure chamber increases freezing resistance, ensuring trouble-free operation in the coldest conditions.
- Two high pressure, two low pressure and two high-flow ports maximize air delivery and hose routing options.
- External intermediate pressure adjustment enables technicians to fine-tune performance quickly and easily without the need for disassembly.
- Available in either 3364psi/232bar INT or 4350psi/300bar DIN configurations.
- Weight: INT 232 - 30oz/850g; /DIN 300 - 22oz/625g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 6500 l/min - 230 SCFM.
- Intermediate pressure (psi/bar): 130-142/9.0-9.8.
A700 Second Stage:
- Rugged full metal case and valve housing are able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Air-balanced valve smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial-flow Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) lever.
- High-flow exhaust valve allows air to exit more freely and lowers the exhalation effort while directing bubbles away from your mask.
- Super-flow hose features oversized bore (larger inner hose diameter) to increase airflow.
- Ultra-comfortable orthodontic mouthpiece is easy to grip yet doesn't inhibit airflow.
- Weight: 9.3oz/265g.
- Airflow at 2900psi: 2000 l/min - 71 SCFM.
- Maximum low pressure: 203psi/14bar.